Jan 26, 2013, 3:49 PM EDT
Bill Shaikin reports that the Dodgers marketing slogan for 2013 will be “A whole new blue.” I suppose that’s more subtle than “Thank God Almighty Frank McCourt isn’t running things anymore!” but it gets the same point across. And as points go, that’s a damn good one.
I just hope the Dodgers live up to it, because my junior high school mind can think of about 10 different ways to change that around in an immature way in the event they underachieve.
In other news, “Natitude,” “There is only one October,” and “You’ve never seen a taste like this!”
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 38
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)