Jan 26, 2013, 3:49 PM EDT
Bill Shaikin reports that the Dodgers marketing slogan for 2013 will be “A whole new blue.” I suppose that’s more subtle than “Thank God Almighty Frank McCourt isn’t running things anymore!” but it gets the same point across. And as points go, that’s a damn good one.
I just hope the Dodgers live up to it, because my junior high school mind can think of about 10 different ways to change that around in an immature way in the event they underachieve.
In other news, “Natitude,” “There is only one October,” and “You’ve never seen a taste like this!”
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69