Jan 26, 2013, 3:49 PM EDT
Bill Shaikin reports that the Dodgers marketing slogan for 2013 will be “A whole new blue.” I suppose that’s more subtle than “Thank God Almighty Frank McCourt isn’t running things anymore!” but it gets the same point across. And as points go, that’s a damn good one.
I just hope the Dodgers live up to it, because my junior high school mind can think of about 10 different ways to change that around in an immature way in the event they underachieve.
In other news, “Natitude,” “There is only one October,” and “You’ve never seen a taste like this!”
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 3
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 196
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 92
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 30
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (196)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (91)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (84)