Jan 26, 2013, 3:49 PM EST
Bill Shaikin reports that the Dodgers marketing slogan for 2013 will be “A whole new blue.” I suppose that’s more subtle than “Thank God Almighty Frank McCourt isn’t running things anymore!” but it gets the same point across. And as points go, that’s a damn good one.
I just hope the Dodgers live up to it, because my junior high school mind can think of about 10 different ways to change that around in an immature way in the event they underachieve.
In other news, “Natitude,” “There is only one October,” and “You’ve never seen a taste like this!”
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 18
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 141
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (140)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (99)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)