The Dodgers slogan for 2013: “A whole new blue”

Jan 26, 2013, 3:49 PM EDT

Bill Shaikin reports that the Dodgers marketing slogan for 2013 will be “A whole new blue.”  I suppose that’s more subtle than “Thank God Almighty Frank McCourt isn’t running things anymore!” but it gets the same point across. And as points go, that’s a damn good one.

I just hope the Dodgers live up to it, because my junior high school mind can think of about 10 different ways to change that around in an immature way in the event they underachieve.

In other news, “Natitude,” “There is only one October,” and “You’ve never seen a taste like this!”

1. mybrunoblog - Jan 26, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Pretty good slogan. Well done.

• southofheaven81 - Jan 26, 2013 at 7:29 PM

It’s so good that I just blue myself.

2. kalinedrive - Jan 26, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Strange. Makes you think they’re changing the shade of blue or something. They can’t do that, it’s officially Dodgers Blue.

• 1943mrmojorisin1971 - Jan 26, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Given the megatrade and signing Greinke away from the Angels they’ve effectively changed red into blue.

• mybrunoblog - Jan 26, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Umm, the Dodgers changed their logo (slightly) and the color last year. Look it up.

3. Jackson - Jan 26, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Hopefully this new slogan doesn’t have any Dodger fans feeling blue.

4. proudlycanadian - Jan 26, 2013 at 4:12 PM

If that big payroll fails, Dodger fans and owners wil have the right to sing the blues.

5. halohonk - Jan 26, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Dodgers didnt sign Greinke away from the Angels. They knew he was going to leave.

6. natslady - Jan 26, 2013 at 8:29 PM

For those of you who didn’t click on the link, it’s an article about a failed brand called “Chrystal Pepsi,” and contains this wonderful quote from its inventor:

It was a tremendous learning experience. I still think it’s the best idea I ever had, and the worst executed. A lot of times as a leader you think, “They don’t get it; they don’t see my vision.” People were saying we should stop and address some issues along the way, and they were right. It would have been nice if I’d made sure the product tasted good. Once you have a great idea and you blow it, you don’t get a chance to resurrect it.

50 Shades of Blue, anyone?

7. mrrooch - Jan 27, 2013 at 10:35 PM

“Green is the new Blue”
    Catch the Yankees West now!

Teams searching for trade deadline impact
  1. H. Street (3755)