Jan 26, 2013, 3:49 PM EDT
Bill Shaikin reports that the Dodgers marketing slogan for 2013 will be “A whole new blue.” I suppose that’s more subtle than “Thank God Almighty Frank McCourt isn’t running things anymore!” but it gets the same point across. And as points go, that’s a damn good one.
I just hope the Dodgers live up to it, because my junior high school mind can think of about 10 different ways to change that around in an immature way in the event they underachieve.
In other news, “Natitude,” “There is only one October,” and “You’ve never seen a taste like this!”
Oct 22, 2014, 7:19 PM EDT
Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish reports that the Phillies have signed catcher John Hester to a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training.
Oct 22, 2014, 6:24 PM EDT
Dan Haren underwent arthroscopic surgery Wednesday on his left (non-throwing) shoulder. He’s expected to be ready for spring training.
Oct 22, 2014, 5:37 PM EDT
“I was doing some stuff in the training room.”
Oct 22, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Not so long ago that option looked like it might be a bargain, as Burton went from scrap-heap pickup to one of the league’s best setup men, but he showed major signs of decline this season while throwing 64 innings with a 4.36 ERA.
Oct 22, 2014, 4:06 PM EDT
In other news: Homeland Security agents now conduct raids over things like minor copyright violations.
Oct 22, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
Jake Peavy vs. Yordano Ventura.
Oct 22, 2014, 3:16 PM EDT
Great Moments in the Uncanny Valley
Oct 22, 2014, 2:48 PM EDT
He’s owed $23 million in 2015, $25 million in 2016, and $25 million or a $5 million buyout for 2017.
Oct 22, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
“No one ever complained” is not a particularly compelling argument against change, in baseball or in life.
Oct 22, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
How and why baseball makes its political donations
Oct 22, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
This year the Padres scored the fewest runs in baseball, by far, as they totaled 535 runs and the second-to-last Braves scored 573.
Oct 22, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
I think that constitutes more than 15%.
Oct 22, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Long was the Yankees’ hitting coach from 2007-2014 and during that time they scored the second-most runs in baseball, but aging and injuries turned the lineup into one of the league’s worst for the past two seasons and he took the fall.
Oct 22, 2014, 12:50 PM EDT
In other news, this answers the age-old question: are there Marlins fans?
Oct 22, 2014, 12:20 PM EDT
Maybe not. But they really can’t go down 2-0.
Oct 22, 2014, 11:51 AM EDT
No, they didn’t actually wager a living baby or anything. That would be weird. They just bet on whether they should have one.
Oct 22, 2014, 11:20 AM EDT
It may cost them $100 million to get him, but they certainly could use him.
Oct 22, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
He as 12.75 million reasons to do so.
Oct 22, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
No one likes their routines to get messed up, but forgive me if I have trouble caring too terribly much about the complaints voiced thus far.
Oct 22, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
The celebration was over before it really began Tuesday night at Kauffman Stadium. Can the Royals get the party started again?
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 8
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 10
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 34
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (86)