Jan 26, 2013, 12:15 PM EDT
We talked about this when the owners voted to ban the move at the owners meeting a couple of weeks ago. Now it’s official: the fake to third, throw to first move is a balk.
Tyler Kepner has a story on it at the New York Times with a lot of good quotes and anecdotes. Mostly centered around the idea that the play never worked anyway. Except for when it did. Sometimes way better than you think.
- Miguel Cabrera ties Hank Greenberg with 331st career homer 10
- Bud Selig’s view on replay has “evolved” 13
- Umpires use replay on controversial Matt Joyce home run 12
- Rangers put Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list and call up top prospect Jurickson Profar 6
- Carlos Ruiz leaves game with strained right hamstring 2
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PBT: Spurs have too much offense for Grizz in Gm. 1
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot