Jan 27, 2013, 3:54 PM EST
Bill Plunkett of the Orange County Register has a dose of excellent news for the Los Angeles bullpen:
Reliever Kenley Jansen said he is completely recovered from the surgical procedure he underwent in October to address an irregular heartbeat and has been told by doctors there should be no further issues.
“I’m doing well,” Jansen said. “This is going to take care of it, no more problems. Put it in God’s hands now.”
Jansen was taken off blood thinners in November and was able to begin his offseason throwing program on time (earlier this month).
He’s planning to head to the Dodgers’ spring training complex in Arizona next week.
Jansen, 25, has posted a remarkable 2.22 ERA, 0.95 WHIP and 14.6 K/9 through his first 145 2/3 major league innings. He will serve as a setup man this summer in front of Dodgers closer Brandon League.
- Blue Jays acquire Josh Donaldson in a trade with the Athletics 40
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 164
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (164)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)