Jan 27, 2013, 11:47 AM EDT
From Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe comes word that reliever Ron Mahay has retired from baseball.
The left-hander signed a minor league contract with the Reds last winter but couldn’t make it past Triple-A Louisville. He last appeared in a major league game in 2010 as a member of the Twins’ bullpen.
Mahay, who turns 42 years old this June, is now hoping to get into managing or coaching. He registered a 3.83 career ERA and a 1.42 career WHIP over the course of 14 major league seasons.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17