Jan 27, 2013, 11:47 AM EST
From Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe comes word that reliever Ron Mahay has retired from baseball.
The left-hander signed a minor league contract with the Reds last winter but couldn’t make it past Triple-A Louisville. He last appeared in a major league game in 2010 as a member of the Twins’ bullpen.
Mahay, who turns 42 years old this June, is now hoping to get into managing or coaching. He registered a 3.83 career ERA and a 1.42 career WHIP over the course of 14 major league seasons.
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal 0
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (86)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (76)