Jan 28, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
UPDATE: Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com says it’s a done deal, with Cedeno getting $1.15 million plus $850,000 in potential incentives.
Cedeno spent last season as the Mets’ utility man, hitting .259 with a .741 OPS in 78 games split between shortstop and second base.
Last season was the first time Cedeno has topped a .700 OPS and it came in just 186 plate appearances, but he’s a solid defender with about as much bat as you’d expect from a backup middle infielder.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 3
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 23
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 13
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 183
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (183)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)