Jan 28, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
UPDATE: Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com says it’s a done deal, with Cedeno getting $1.15 million plus $850,000 in potential incentives.
Cedeno spent last season as the Mets’ utility man, hitting .259 with a .741 OPS in 78 games split between shortstop and second base.
Last season was the first time Cedeno has topped a .700 OPS and it came in just 186 plate appearances, but he’s a solid defender with about as much bat as you’d expect from a backup middle infielder.
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 46
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)