Jan 28, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
UPDATE: Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com says it’s a done deal, with Cedeno getting $1.15 million plus $850,000 in potential incentives.
Cedeno spent last season as the Mets’ utility man, hitting .259 with a .741 OPS in 78 games split between shortstop and second base.
Last season was the first time Cedeno has topped a .700 OPS and it came in just 186 plate appearances, but he’s a solid defender with about as much bat as you’d expect from a backup middle infielder.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona