Jan 28, 2013, 3:45 PM EST
UPDATE: Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com says it’s a done deal, with Cedeno getting $1.15 million plus $850,000 in potential incentives.
Cedeno spent last season as the Mets’ utility man, hitting .259 with a .741 OPS in 78 games split between shortstop and second base.
Last season was the first time Cedeno has topped a .700 OPS and it came in just 186 plate appearances, but he’s a solid defender with about as much bat as you’d expect from a backup middle infielder.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)