Jan 28, 2013, 6:44 AM EDT
From Barry Jackson’s Sunday Buzz column in the Miami Herald, word that Jeffrey Loria, in addition to having zero credibility with fans and with free agents following his multiple purges and fire sales, keeps his team’s roster in a constant state of fear because he apparently decides who gets sent down to the minors himself. Often purely on whim:
The Marlins went without a third catcher in September because Loria was fed up with Brett Hayes. One player said word came down during a game that Chris Volstad would be demoted because of Loria’s unhappiness. “He had one bad start, and Loria was like, ‘He’s gone,’” another player said.
It leaves them walking on eggshells, the players say.
Check out the story. And be sure to read the last paragraph with the quote from a former Marlins player. Sick. Burn.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 31
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 172
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (173)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)