Jan 28, 2013, 4:00 PM EST
Noted 1967 Camaro owner Luke Gregerson and the Padres have reached a one year deal to avoid arbitration. The contract is for $3.2 million. He had filed for $3.75 million and the team countered at $2.875 million. Not quite a baby-splitter, but close enough.
Gregerson is entering his fifth year with the Padres. Last year he pitched in 77 games with a 2.39 ERA while striking out a batter an inning and walking very few. He’s one of the better setup men around.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)