Jan 28, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
Noted 1967 Camaro owner Luke Gregerson and the Padres have reached a one year deal to avoid arbitration. The contract is for $3.2 million. He had filed for $3.75 million and the team countered at $2.875 million. Not quite a baby-splitter, but close enough.
Gregerson is entering his fifth year with the Padres. Last year he pitched in 77 games with a 2.39 ERA while striking out a batter an inning and walking very few. He’s one of the better setup men around.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (124)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)