Jan 28, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
Noted 1967 Camaro owner Luke Gregerson and the Padres have reached a one year deal to avoid arbitration. The contract is for $3.2 million. He had filed for $3.75 million and the team countered at $2.875 million. Not quite a baby-splitter, but close enough.
Gregerson is entering his fifth year with the Padres. Last year he pitched in 77 games with a 2.39 ERA while striking out a batter an inning and walking very few. He’s one of the better setup men around.
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 2
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 112
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 77
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (114)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (85)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (77)