Jan 28, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
Noted 1967 Camaro owner Luke Gregerson and the Padres have reached a one year deal to avoid arbitration. The contract is for $3.2 million. He had filed for $3.75 million and the team countered at $2.875 million. Not quite a baby-splitter, but close enough.
Gregerson is entering his fifth year with the Padres. Last year he pitched in 77 games with a 2.39 ERA while striking out a batter an inning and walking very few. He’s one of the better setup men around.
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 0
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 45
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 24
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 35
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)