Jan 28, 2013, 3:12 PM EST
Rosenthal reports that Overbay has other teams interested besides the Brewers, but he played in Milwaukee in 2004-2005 and probably won’t find a better opportunity for playing time with Hart expected to miss 3-4 months.
For now Mat Gamel is expected to be the starting first baseman in Hart’s absence, but he’s unproven in the majors and has a lengthy injury history of his own. Overbay hit .259 with a .727 OPS in a part-time role for the Braves and Diamondbacks last season at age 35.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (81)