Jan 28, 2013, 3:12 PM EDT
Rosenthal reports that Overbay has other teams interested besides the Brewers, but he played in Milwaukee in 2004-2005 and probably won’t find a better opportunity for playing time with Hart expected to miss 3-4 months.
For now Mat Gamel is expected to be the starting first baseman in Hart’s absence, but he’s unproven in the majors and has a lengthy injury history of his own. Overbay hit .259 with a .727 OPS in a part-time role for the Braves and Diamondbacks last season at age 35.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 70
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 47
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)