Jan 28, 2013, 8:53 AM EDT
Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle has a story about Yoenis Cespedes. Mostly about the legal and family issues that weighed heavily on him last season and which, thankfully, seem to be moving toward resolution. The result: a lot more relaxed Cespedes, optimistic about the coming season.
There is also some offseason workout porn. Wish they wouldn’t taunt me like this, though:
Céspedes certainly attacked the offseason with a vengeance – he worked out so hard that he said he could put out another workout video.
For those who forget, here’s the original video, which is probably the best conditioning-related thing in baseball history:
And not just because of the Christopher Cross breakdown a few minutes in.
- The Cubs to announce the hiring of Joe Maddon on Monday 38
- Cubs fire manager Rick Renteria, clear way for Joe Maddon 69
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 24
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 121
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 31
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 108
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 19
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 83
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (282)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game (121)
- Fox’s World Series broadcast gets a low grade from The New York Times (110)