Jan 28, 2013, 8:53 AM EDT
Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle has a story about Yoenis Cespedes. Mostly about the legal and family issues that weighed heavily on him last season and which, thankfully, seem to be moving toward resolution. The result: a lot more relaxed Cespedes, optimistic about the coming season.
There is also some offseason workout porn. Wish they wouldn’t taunt me like this, though:
Céspedes certainly attacked the offseason with a vengeance – he worked out so hard that he said he could put out another workout video.
For those who forget, here’s the original video, which is probably the best conditioning-related thing in baseball history:
And not just because of the Christopher Cross breakdown a few minutes in.
- Cubs to acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 17
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)