Jan 28, 2013, 8:53 AM EST
Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle has a story about Yoenis Cespedes. Mostly about the legal and family issues that weighed heavily on him last season and which, thankfully, seem to be moving toward resolution. The result: a lot more relaxed Cespedes, optimistic about the coming season.
There is also some offseason workout porn. Wish they wouldn’t taunt me like this, though:
Céspedes certainly attacked the offseason with a vengeance – he worked out so hard that he said he could put out another workout video.
For those who forget, here’s the original video, which is probably the best conditioning-related thing in baseball history:
And not just because of the Christopher Cross breakdown a few minutes in.
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 0
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 18
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 103
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)