Jan 28, 2013, 8:53 AM EST
Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle has a story about Yoenis Cespedes. Mostly about the legal and family issues that weighed heavily on him last season and which, thankfully, seem to be moving toward resolution. The result: a lot more relaxed Cespedes, optimistic about the coming season.
There is also some offseason workout porn. Wish they wouldn’t taunt me like this, though:
Céspedes certainly attacked the offseason with a vengeance – he worked out so hard that he said he could put out another workout video.
For those who forget, here’s the original video, which is probably the best conditioning-related thing in baseball history:
And not just because of the Christopher Cross breakdown a few minutes in.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)