Jan 28, 2013, 8:53 AM EDT
Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle has a story about Yoenis Cespedes. Mostly about the legal and family issues that weighed heavily on him last season and which, thankfully, seem to be moving toward resolution. The result: a lot more relaxed Cespedes, optimistic about the coming season.
There is also some offseason workout porn. Wish they wouldn’t taunt me like this, though:
Céspedes certainly attacked the offseason with a vengeance – he worked out so hard that he said he could put out another workout video.
For those who forget, here’s the original video, which is probably the best conditioning-related thing in baseball history:
And not just because of the Christopher Cross breakdown a few minutes in.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 3
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 74
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 76
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 100
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (103)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- Jonathan Papelbon blows save, gets ejected for making rude gesture at booing crowd (77)