Jan 29, 2013, 6:18 AM EDT
Well, “in years,” but I think the “wedge” part makes this qualify:
Those who saw Albert at Stan’s funeral insist Pujols looks in best shape in years. A wedge.
— Joe Strauss (@JoeStrauss) January 28, 2013
Pujols is an all-time great already, but given his slow start last year — and slow finish, followed by October knee surgery — he may need to be kicking things up a notch conditioning-wise in order to combat the march of time.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 160
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (160)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)