Jan 29, 2013, 6:18 AM EDT
Well, “in years,” but I think the “wedge” part makes this qualify:
Those who saw Albert at Stan’s funeral insist Pujols looks in best shape in years. A wedge.
— Joe Strauss (@JoeStrauss) January 28, 2013
Pujols is an all-time great already, but given his slow start last year — and slow finish, followed by October knee surgery — he may need to be kicking things up a notch conditioning-wise in order to combat the march of time.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (115)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)