Jan 29, 2013, 6:18 AM EST
Well, “in years,” but I think the “wedge” part makes this qualify:
Those who saw Albert at Stan’s funeral insist Pujols looks in best shape in years. A wedge.
— Joe Strauss (@JoeStrauss) January 28, 2013
Pujols is an all-time great already, but given his slow start last year — and slow finish, followed by October knee surgery — he may need to be kicking things up a notch conditioning-wise in order to combat the march of time.
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 23
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 29
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 33
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)