Jan 29, 2013, 1:18 PM EDT
Gonzalez was the Brewers’ starting shortstop last year before a torn ACL ended his season in May and Milwaukee later traded for prospect Jean Segura to become their long-term answer at the position.
That means Gonzalez returns in a backup role, but that’s probably for the best considering he’s a 36-year-old coming off major knee surgery. And if Segura struggles, the Brewers have a veteran fallback option.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 0
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 8
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 30
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)