Jan 29, 2013, 5:22 PM EDT
Jepsen was arbitration eligible for the first time after throwing 45 innings with a 3.02 ERA and 38/12 K/BB ratio last season and is in line for a secondary setup man role this year at age 28.
He requested $1.4 million and the Angels countered at $975,000, so he settled for just slightly more than the midpoint. As a “Super Two” player he’ll have four seasons of arbitration eligibility instead of the usual three, so Jepsen is under the Angels’ control through 2016.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)