Jan 29, 2013, 4:30 PM EST
I consider former Padres/Blue Jays/Rays pitcher Dirk Hayhurst a friend. I’ve been on his radio show. I once had breakfast with him (he ate ice cream). The last time I saw him he told me I needed to lose my glasses because he said I was trying too hard, or words to that effect. As you can see, I have pretty low standards as far as friends go.
But I knew of Dirk Hayhurst as an author before I ever met him in real life, and I’ve liked everything about him as an author. And now, on the heels of the wonderful “Bullpen Gospels” and “Out of My League,” comes his latest book: “Wild Pitches”
Wild Pitches tips the scales at over 200 pages and is sure to deliver more of what made both Out Of My League and The Bullpen Gospels so enjoyable. More player hijinks (complete with picture evidence) more dramatic encounters, and more behind the scenes looks at life in America’s greatest pastime.
It’s an Ebook, and you can get more info, as well as links to purchase, here.
You should buy it. Hayhurst is a way better writer than a breakfast companion and fashion consultant. Trust me on this.
- Report: Mariners break off talks with Robinson Cano after Jay Z “overplayed his hand” 45
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 86
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (99)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (86)