Jan 29, 2013, 4:30 PM EST
I consider former Padres/Blue Jays/Rays pitcher Dirk Hayhurst a friend. I’ve been on his radio show. I once had breakfast with him (he ate ice cream). The last time I saw him he told me I needed to lose my glasses because he said I was trying too hard, or words to that effect. As you can see, I have pretty low standards as far as friends go.
But I knew of Dirk Hayhurst as an author before I ever met him in real life, and I’ve liked everything about him as an author. And now, on the heels of the wonderful “Bullpen Gospels” and “Out of My League,” comes his latest book: “Wild Pitches”
Wild Pitches tips the scales at over 200 pages and is sure to deliver more of what made both Out Of My League and The Bullpen Gospels so enjoyable. More player hijinks (complete with picture evidence) more dramatic encounters, and more behind the scenes looks at life in America’s greatest pastime.
It’s an Ebook, and you can get more info, as well as links to purchase, here.
You should buy it. Hayhurst is a way better writer than a breakfast companion and fashion consultant. Trust me on this.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 28
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 58
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27