Jan 29, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
I consider former Padres/Blue Jays/Rays pitcher Dirk Hayhurst a friend. I’ve been on his radio show. I once had breakfast with him (he ate ice cream). The last time I saw him he told me I needed to lose my glasses because he said I was trying too hard, or words to that effect. As you can see, I have pretty low standards as far as friends go.
But I knew of Dirk Hayhurst as an author before I ever met him in real life, and I’ve liked everything about him as an author. And now, on the heels of the wonderful “Bullpen Gospels” and “Out of My League,” comes his latest book: “Wild Pitches”
Wild Pitches tips the scales at over 200 pages and is sure to deliver more of what made both Out Of My League and The Bullpen Gospels so enjoyable. More player hijinks (complete with picture evidence) more dramatic encounters, and more behind the scenes looks at life in America’s greatest pastime.
It’s an Ebook, and you can get more info, as well as links to purchase, here.
You should buy it. Hayhurst is a way better writer than a breakfast companion and fashion consultant. Trust me on this.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 78
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 88
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)