Jan 29, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
I consider former Padres/Blue Jays/Rays pitcher Dirk Hayhurst a friend. I’ve been on his radio show. I once had breakfast with him (he ate ice cream). The last time I saw him he told me I needed to lose my glasses because he said I was trying too hard, or words to that effect. As you can see, I have pretty low standards as far as friends go.
But I knew of Dirk Hayhurst as an author before I ever met him in real life, and I’ve liked everything about him as an author. And now, on the heels of the wonderful “Bullpen Gospels” and “Out of My League,” comes his latest book: “Wild Pitches”
Wild Pitches tips the scales at over 200 pages and is sure to deliver more of what made both Out Of My League and The Bullpen Gospels so enjoyable. More player hijinks (complete with picture evidence) more dramatic encounters, and more behind the scenes looks at life in America’s greatest pastime.
It’s an Ebook, and you can get more info, as well as links to purchase, here.
You should buy it. Hayhurst is a way better writer than a breakfast companion and fashion consultant. Trust me on this.
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 58
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 43
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry (88)