Jan 29, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
I consider former Padres/Blue Jays/Rays pitcher Dirk Hayhurst a friend. I’ve been on his radio show. I once had breakfast with him (he ate ice cream). The last time I saw him he told me I needed to lose my glasses because he said I was trying too hard, or words to that effect. As you can see, I have pretty low standards as far as friends go.
But I knew of Dirk Hayhurst as an author before I ever met him in real life, and I’ve liked everything about him as an author. And now, on the heels of the wonderful “Bullpen Gospels” and “Out of My League,” comes his latest book: “Wild Pitches”
Wild Pitches tips the scales at over 200 pages and is sure to deliver more of what made both Out Of My League and The Bullpen Gospels so enjoyable. More player hijinks (complete with picture evidence) more dramatic encounters, and more behind the scenes looks at life in America’s greatest pastime.
It’s an Ebook, and you can get more info, as well as links to purchase, here.
You should buy it. Hayhurst is a way better writer than a breakfast companion and fashion consultant. Trust me on this.
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 0
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 28
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 2
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 12
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 143
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)