Jan 29, 2013, 8:03 PM EDT
Murphy was eligible for salary arbitration for the first time this winter. He requested $3.4 million and was offered $2.55 million by the Mets front office when figures were formally exchanged earlier this month.
The 27-year-old batted .291/.332/.403 with six home runs and 65 RBI in 156 games last season for New York while making close to the big league minimum. Murphy, who has over three years of service time, is a .292/.339/.427 career hitter in the majors.
UPDATE, 8:11 PM ET: Rubin reports that Murphy will make a $2.925 million salary in 2013.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (134)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)