Jan 29, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Dickerson got 17 plate appearances for the Yankees last season, but spent most of the year at Triple-A hitting .316 with a .932 OPS in 69 games at age 30.
He hasn’t played regularly in the majors since 2009 with the Reds, but Dickerson can handle all three outfield spots defensively and offers good enough on-base skills to be a solid fourth outfielder if healthy.
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 0
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 1
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 4
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 12
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 7
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 29
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 21
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)