Jan 29, 2013, 4:46 PM EDT
Tim Stauffer‘s comeback from elbow surgery will be with the Padres, as San Diego re-signed the right-hander to a minor-league contract.
Stauffer underwent surgery in August and likely won’t be ready for the beginning of the season, but recent reports suggest he’s not that far off from his usual offseason schedule.
Stauffer has a lengthy injury history, but when healthy the former No. 4 overall pick has thrown 441 innings with a 3.94 ERA. Of course, spending his entire career calling Petco Park home has done wonders for his ERA, which is 4.75 on the road and 3.06 in San Diego.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)