Jan 29, 2013, 4:46 PM EST
Tim Stauffer‘s comeback from elbow surgery will be with the Padres, as San Diego re-signed the right-hander to a minor-league contract.
Stauffer underwent surgery in August and likely won’t be ready for the beginning of the season, but recent reports suggest he’s not that far off from his usual offseason schedule.
Stauffer has a lengthy injury history, but when healthy the former No. 4 overall pick has thrown 441 innings with a 3.94 ERA. Of course, spending his entire career calling Petco Park home has done wonders for his ERA, which is 4.75 on the road and 3.06 in San Diego.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)