Jan 29, 2013, 4:46 PM EDT
Tim Stauffer‘s comeback from elbow surgery will be with the Padres, as San Diego re-signed the right-hander to a minor-league contract.
Stauffer underwent surgery in August and likely won’t be ready for the beginning of the season, but recent reports suggest he’s not that far off from his usual offseason schedule.
Stauffer has a lengthy injury history, but when healthy the former No. 4 overall pick has thrown 441 innings with a 3.94 ERA. Of course, spending his entire career calling Petco Park home has done wonders for his ERA, which is 4.75 on the road and 3.06 in San Diego.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 54
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 65
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 80
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)