Jan 29, 2013, 4:46 PM EDT
Tim Stauffer‘s comeback from elbow surgery will be with the Padres, as San Diego re-signed the right-hander to a minor-league contract.
Stauffer underwent surgery in August and likely won’t be ready for the beginning of the season, but recent reports suggest he’s not that far off from his usual offseason schedule.
Stauffer has a lengthy injury history, but when healthy the former No. 4 overall pick has thrown 441 innings with a 3.94 ERA. Of course, spending his entire career calling Petco Park home has done wonders for his ERA, which is 4.75 on the road and 3.06 in San Diego.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)