Jan 29, 2013, 3:45 PM EST
Yeah, he can hit fifth. He definitely can hit fifth. I think once we get to spring training and put him in and let him play, I think hitting is definitely his strong point. I think he’s a good hitter.
Basically all you need to know about Young’s career is that he has a .317 on-base percentage and .425 slugging percentage in 880 games and yet saying “hitting is definitely his strong point” is undeniably true.
By the way, Young has batted fifth more often than any other lineup spot during his career, logging 1,352 plate appearances there. And he’s hit .267 with a .294 on-base percentage and .385 slugging percentage.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 28
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)