Jan 29, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Yeah, he can hit fifth. He definitely can hit fifth. I think once we get to spring training and put him in and let him play, I think hitting is definitely his strong point. I think he’s a good hitter.
Basically all you need to know about Young’s career is that he has a .317 on-base percentage and .425 slugging percentage in 880 games and yet saying “hitting is definitely his strong point” is undeniably true.
By the way, Young has batted fifth more often than any other lineup spot during his career, logging 1,352 plate appearances there. And he’s hit .267 with a .294 on-base percentage and .385 slugging percentage.
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 4
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 95
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 230
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (232)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)