Jan 29, 2013, 9:22 AM EDT
Which, unless Alderson was cashing in Southwest Rewards points or something, shows at least some level of commitment. But it doesn’t sound at all like something is imminent. As we noted yesterday, Bourn is reportedly looking for a five-year deal. Sherman says that the Mets are unwilling to go beyond three years, and that they’re willing to wait Bourn out and hope he gets desperate.
Which may not be the worst thing given where they are competitively and given how few teams really seem to be interested in Bourn at the moment.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 52
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)