Jan 29, 2013, 9:22 AM EST
Which, unless Alderson was cashing in Southwest Rewards points or something, shows at least some level of commitment. But it doesn’t sound at all like something is imminent. As we noted yesterday, Bourn is reportedly looking for a five-year deal. Sherman says that the Mets are unwilling to go beyond three years, and that they’re willing to wait Bourn out and hope he gets desperate.
Which may not be the worst thing given where they are competitively and given how few teams really seem to be interested in Bourn at the moment.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 8
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (94)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (83)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)