Jan 29, 2013, 9:22 AM EDT
Which, unless Alderson was cashing in Southwest Rewards points or something, shows at least some level of commitment. But it doesn’t sound at all like something is imminent. As we noted yesterday, Bourn is reportedly looking for a five-year deal. Sherman says that the Mets are unwilling to go beyond three years, and that they’re willing to wait Bourn out and hope he gets desperate.
Which may not be the worst thing given where they are competitively and given how few teams really seem to be interested in Bourn at the moment.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 17
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 29
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 58
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 73
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 86
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)