Jan 29, 2013, 9:22 AM EST
Which, unless Alderson was cashing in Southwest Rewards points or something, shows at least some level of commitment. But it doesn’t sound at all like something is imminent. As we noted yesterday, Bourn is reportedly looking for a five-year deal. Sherman says that the Mets are unwilling to go beyond three years, and that they’re willing to wait Bourn out and hope he gets desperate.
Which may not be the worst thing given where they are competitively and given how few teams really seem to be interested in Bourn at the moment.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 11
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 56
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)