Jan 29, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Calcaterra is busy writing about the latest steroid stuff, so I’ll tackle today’s truly important baseball news.
Lenny Dykstra’s son, 23-year-old minor leaguer Cutter Dykstra, is engaged to 31-year-old actress Jamie-Lynn Sigler, who played Meadow Soprano on “The Sopranos.”
Dykstra has played five seasons in the minors without advancing past Single-A and spent last year playing for the Nationals’ low Single-A team. He was originally the Brewers’ second-round draft pick in 2008.
“People” magazine notes that Sigler was previously married to a guy named A.J. DiScala and has dated Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez and “Entourage” actor Jerry Ferrera. So she has what I’d call interesting taste.
Congratulations to the happy couple. And may they forever bond over weird criminal fathers, both real and fictionalized.
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 7
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 31
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 21
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)