Jan 29, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
Calcaterra is busy writing about the latest steroid stuff, so I’ll tackle today’s truly important baseball news.
Lenny Dykstra’s son, 23-year-old minor leaguer Cutter Dykstra, is engaged to 31-year-old actress Jamie-Lynn Sigler, who played Meadow Soprano on “The Sopranos.”
Dykstra has played five seasons in the minors without advancing past Single-A and spent last year playing for the Nationals’ low Single-A team. He was originally the Brewers’ second-round draft pick in 2008.
“People” magazine notes that Sigler was previously married to a guy named A.J. DiScala and has dated Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez and “Entourage” actor Jerry Ferrera. So she has what I’d call interesting taste.
Congratulations to the happy couple. And may they forever bond over weird criminal fathers, both real and fictionalized.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 290
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (304)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)