Jan 30, 2013, 9:15 PM EDT
From FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal comes word that the Angels have agreed to a minor league contract with veteran infielder Bill Hall. The deal includes an invitation to spring training, though Hall is highly doubtful to win an Opening Day roster spot.
The 33-year-old spent the majority of the 2012 season with the Orioles’ Triple-A affiliate in Norfolk, batting .246/.300/.430 in 370 plate appearances.
Hall is a .248/.308/.436 career hitter in the majors.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 52
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 89
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (102)