Jan 30, 2013, 9:15 PM EST
From FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal comes word that the Angels have agreed to a minor league contract with veteran infielder Bill Hall. The deal includes an invitation to spring training, though Hall is highly doubtful to win an Opening Day roster spot.
The 33-year-old spent the majority of the 2012 season with the Orioles’ Triple-A affiliate in Norfolk, batting .246/.300/.430 in 370 plate appearances.
Hall is a .248/.308/.436 career hitter in the majors.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 300
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (302)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)