Jan 30, 2013, 9:15 PM EDT
From FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal comes word that the Angels have agreed to a minor league contract with veteran infielder Bill Hall. The deal includes an invitation to spring training, though Hall is highly doubtful to win an Opening Day roster spot.
The 33-year-old spent the majority of the 2012 season with the Orioles’ Triple-A affiliate in Norfolk, batting .246/.300/.430 in 370 plate appearances.
Hall is a .248/.308/.436 career hitter in the majors.
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 18
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 14
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 79
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)