Jan 30, 2013, 9:15 PM EDT
From FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal comes word that the Angels have agreed to a minor league contract with veteran infielder Bill Hall. The deal includes an invitation to spring training, though Hall is highly doubtful to win an Opening Day roster spot.
The 33-year-old spent the majority of the 2012 season with the Orioles’ Triple-A affiliate in Norfolk, batting .246/.300/.430 in 370 plate appearances.
Hall is a .248/.308/.436 career hitter in the majors.
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 2
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 53
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 29
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 37
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 8
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (105)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)