Jan 30, 2013, 9:15 PM EDT
From FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal comes word that the Angels have agreed to a minor league contract with veteran infielder Bill Hall. The deal includes an invitation to spring training, though Hall is highly doubtful to win an Opening Day roster spot.
The 33-year-old spent the majority of the 2012 season with the Orioles’ Triple-A affiliate in Norfolk, batting .246/.300/.430 in 370 plate appearances.
Hall is a .248/.308/.436 career hitter in the majors.
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- Wild Card Game: Giants vs. Pirates lineups 4
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)