Jan 30, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Raise your hand if you saw this coming. Bobby Valentine’s job search has taken him to the unlikeliest of places: Sacred Heart University. The Fairfield, Conn. school is looking for a new athletic director, and according to the Connecticut Post, Valentine is in the running.
Given his my-way-or-the-highway tendencies which helped hasten his way out of Boston last year, I suspect that the Valentine style would work much better with powerless college athletes than it would back in the pros.
But seriously, Bobby: don’t show up late for your NBC gig. You had it first.
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 53
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 45
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)