Jan 30, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Raise your hand if you saw this coming. Bobby Valentine’s job search has taken him to the unlikeliest of places: Sacred Heart University. The Fairfield, Conn. school is looking for a new athletic director, and according to the Connecticut Post, Valentine is in the running.
Given his my-way-or-the-highway tendencies which helped hasten his way out of Boston last year, I suspect that the Valentine style would work much better with powerless college athletes than it would back in the pros.
But seriously, Bobby: don’t show up late for your NBC gig. You had it first.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 0
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)