Jan 30, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Raise your hand if you saw this coming. Bobby Valentine’s job search has taken him to the unlikeliest of places: Sacred Heart University. The Fairfield, Conn. school is looking for a new athletic director, and according to the Connecticut Post, Valentine is in the running.
Given his my-way-or-the-highway tendencies which helped hasten his way out of Boston last year, I suspect that the Valentine style would work much better with powerless college athletes than it would back in the pros.
But seriously, Bobby: don’t show up late for your NBC gig. You had it first.
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 7
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 24
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)