Jan 30, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Raise your hand if you saw this coming. Bobby Valentine’s job search has taken him to the unlikeliest of places: Sacred Heart University. The Fairfield, Conn. school is looking for a new athletic director, and according to the Connecticut Post, Valentine is in the running.
Given his my-way-or-the-highway tendencies which helped hasten his way out of Boston last year, I suspect that the Valentine style would work much better with powerless college athletes than it would back in the pros.
But seriously, Bobby: don’t show up late for your NBC gig. You had it first.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (85)