Jan 30, 2013, 10:00 AM EST
Raise your hand if you saw this coming. Bobby Valentine’s job search has taken him to the unlikeliest of places: Sacred Heart University. The Fairfield, Conn. school is looking for a new athletic director, and according to the Connecticut Post, Valentine is in the running.
Given his my-way-or-the-highway tendencies which helped hasten his way out of Boston last year, I suspect that the Valentine style would work much better with powerless college athletes than it would back in the pros.
But seriously, Bobby: don’t show up late for your NBC gig. You had it first.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 9
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 72
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 57
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)