Bobby Valentine is trying to become the Athletic Director at Sacred Heart University

Jan 30, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT

Bobby Valentine

Hey, he’s supposed to work with me at NBC! If I knew we could moonlight like this I’d be tending bar someplace!

Raise your hand if you saw this coming. Bobby Valentine’s job search has taken him to the unlikeliest of places: Sacred Heart University. The Fairfield, Conn. school is looking for a new athletic director, and according to the Connecticut Post, Valentine is in the running.

Given his my-way-or-the-highway tendencies which helped hasten his way out of Boston last year, I suspect that the Valentine style would work much better with powerless college athletes than it would back in the pros.

But seriously, Bobby: don’t show up late for your NBC gig. You had it first.

1. theonlynolan - Jan 30, 2013 at 10:08 AM

I’ve lived in CT for almost 26 years and have never heard of the CT Post.

• kdonnelly007 - Jan 30, 2013 at 10:47 AM

CT Post is southwest, used to be the Bridgeport Post. I delivered it in the 80s, so it’s been around for a while.

• churchoftheperpetuallyoutraged - Jan 30, 2013 at 2:34 PM

For a second I thought it was CW Post, guess I should reread. And having grown up 10min south of Hartford, only thing I ever read was the Courant.

2. historiophiliac - Jan 30, 2013 at 10:21 AM

This isn’t a bar???

• cur68 - Jan 30, 2013 at 11:39 AM

That’s how I get away with not wearing a shirt. Or pants. . .Hey! Don’t judge me. I hear Craig JUST wears a shirt and no pants. That’s weirder.

• historiophiliac - Jan 30, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Thanks for the mental image…

• Glenn - Jan 30, 2013 at 9:48 PM

With a webcam and a desk, who needs pants?

3. deepstblu - Jan 30, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Frank Deford files his NPR commentaries from Sacred Heart’s radio station. Maybe Bobby wants to ditch NBC and get a piece of that plum gig.

4. gloccamorra - Jan 30, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I have a hard time seeing you tending bar, listening sympathetically to others prattle on about their problems, tossing drunks and breaking up fights. Your gentility would be out of place.

5. bostonboy82 - Jan 30, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Just shut it down and disappear Bobby.

Angels' 2011 overhaul finally paying off?
  1. G. Stanton (4055)