Jan 30, 2013, 2:01 PM EDT
Heyman reports that Team USA still has a shot at its ace:
Though Tigers ace Justin Verlander hasn’t made a final decision, there is said to be new optimism that Verlander will join the Team USA for the WBC, baseball sources said. Verlander will decide by February 20 whether he can take a final pitching spot on the USA team.
I’m sure the Tigers would love for him to not do that. To so strenuously not do that that he suffers some non-specific shoulder soreness after a week of workouts so as to require his bowing out of the WBC.
Not that I’m predicting anything.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (211)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (121)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)