Jan 30, 2013, 2:01 PM EST
Heyman reports that Team USA still has a shot at its ace:
Though Tigers ace Justin Verlander hasn’t made a final decision, there is said to be new optimism that Verlander will join the Team USA for the WBC, baseball sources said. Verlander will decide by February 20 whether he can take a final pitching spot on the USA team.
I’m sure the Tigers would love for him to not do that. To so strenuously not do that that he suffers some non-specific shoulder soreness after a week of workouts so as to require his bowing out of the WBC.
Not that I’m predicting anything.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 48
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)