Jan 30, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Add another name to the “Best Shape Of His Life” list, via Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas:
Mitch Moreland showed up for one of his few public appearances with the Texas Rangers this offseason (at a Winter Caravan event on Tuesday night) looking fit and ready for spring training. Moreland said he’s lost 10 pounds since the season started, an effort to give him a little more mobility.
Moreland is listed at 6-foot-2 and 230 pounds.
Durrett also notes that Moreland had one of his left-handed buddies throw to him three times per week during the offseason in an effort to improve his .211 career batting average versus southpaws.
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 1
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 98
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 54
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (112)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (79)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- PHT: Avs name Hall of Famer Roy as head coach
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful