Jan 30, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
Add another name to the “Best Shape Of His Life” list, via Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas:
Mitch Moreland showed up for one of his few public appearances with the Texas Rangers this offseason (at a Winter Caravan event on Tuesday night) looking fit and ready for spring training. Moreland said he’s lost 10 pounds since the season started, an effort to give him a little more mobility.
Moreland is listed at 6-foot-2 and 230 pounds.
Durrett also notes that Moreland had one of his left-handed buddies throw to him three times per week during the offseason in an effort to improve his .211 career batting average versus southpaws.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 18
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 103
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)