Jan 30, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Add another name to the “Best Shape Of His Life” list, via Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas:
Mitch Moreland showed up for one of his few public appearances with the Texas Rangers this offseason (at a Winter Caravan event on Tuesday night) looking fit and ready for spring training. Moreland said he’s lost 10 pounds since the season started, an effort to give him a little more mobility.
Moreland is listed at 6-foot-2 and 230 pounds.
Durrett also notes that Moreland had one of his left-handed buddies throw to him three times per week during the offseason in an effort to improve his .211 career batting average versus southpaws.
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 1
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 45
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 48
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 68
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (150)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (99)