Jan 30, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Add another name to the “Best Shape Of His Life” list, via Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas:
Mitch Moreland showed up for one of his few public appearances with the Texas Rangers this offseason (at a Winter Caravan event on Tuesday night) looking fit and ready for spring training. Moreland said he’s lost 10 pounds since the season started, an effort to give him a little more mobility.
Moreland is listed at 6-foot-2 and 230 pounds.
Durrett also notes that Moreland had one of his left-handed buddies throw to him three times per week during the offseason in an effort to improve his .211 career batting average versus southpaws.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 125
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 18
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 46
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 48
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 353
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (353)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (193)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)