Jan 30, 2013, 10:23 PM EDT
Another big arbitration case has been settled.
Headley requested $10.3 million and was offered $7.075 million by the San Diego front office when figures were exchanged earlier this month. It didn’t take long for the sides to find a middle ground.
Headley, 28, batted .286/.376/.498 with 31 home runs and 115 RBI in 161 games last season for the Friars. He will be eligible for salary arbitration again in 2014 before hitting free agency heading into 2015.
The Padres will likely attempt to work out a long-term extension with Headley at some point this year.
- Miguel Cabrera home run Gif > Yu Darvish pitches Gif 18
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 59
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Live Extra: Watch coverage of Carb Day at Indy
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights