Jan 30, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Right now the Yankees’ designated hitter spot is pretty wide open, so Hafner would make some sense on a cheap and/or incentive-laden one-year deal.
He hasn’t been able to stay healthy since 2007 and hasn’t played an inning defensively since that same year, but they wouldn’t need him to do anything but hit and throughout all the injuries Hafner has posted an OPS above .775 in four straight seasons.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (87)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (75)