Jan 30, 2013, 11:51 AM EST
Right now the Yankees’ designated hitter spot is pretty wide open, so Hafner would make some sense on a cheap and/or incentive-laden one-year deal.
He hasn’t been able to stay healthy since 2007 and hasn’t played an inning defensively since that same year, but they wouldn’t need him to do anything but hit and throughout all the injuries Hafner has posted an OPS above .775 in four straight seasons.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)