Jan 30, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Right now the Yankees’ designated hitter spot is pretty wide open, so Hafner would make some sense on a cheap and/or incentive-laden one-year deal.
He hasn’t been able to stay healthy since 2007 and hasn’t played an inning defensively since that same year, but they wouldn’t need him to do anything but hit and throughout all the injuries Hafner has posted an OPS above .775 in four straight seasons.
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PBT: Spurs have too much offense for Grizz in Gm. 1
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot