Jan 30, 2013, 7:14 PM EST
MLB.com’s Evan Drellich reports that Red Sox outfielder Ryan Kalish underwent surgery Tuesday in Los Angeles to repair a labrum tear in his right (non-throwing) shoulder. The procedure — performed by Dr. Lewis Yocum — was deemed a success.
“I really am feeling the love on my surgery today. I really appreciate all of you,” Kalish wrote on his personal Twitter page a few hours after going under the knife. He’s not expected to be ready for the start of spring training but should make a full recovery by the end of April.
Kalish batted just .229/.272/.260 with zero home runs and five RBI in 103 plate appearances last season for the Red Sox. But the 24-year-old is a former top prospect, has done some nice things in the minor leagues, and could see action as a reserve outfielder this summer in Boston if all goes well in his rehab.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 73
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)