Jan 30, 2013, 6:32 AM EST
Lots of people spent time yesterday declaring that, despite the fact lots of players have had PED suspensions and have come back to play, A-Rod simply can’t possibly do that. Because he’s A-Rod and that makes things different somehow.
But no one forced that meme more audaciously than ESPN’s Darren Rovell:
Best scenario for Yanks might be for A-Rod to never return. Get Dr to say his injuries are career ending. Yankees pay w/insurance.
— darren rovell (@darrenrovell) January 29, 2013
Yup: The Yankees, A-Rod and an actual doctor should commit insurance fraud. Because A-Rod can’t possibly play again because of … reasons.
At some point people will get a grip. It may not be for a while, but they will eventually have to get a grip.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (225)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)