Jan 30, 2013, 6:32 AM EST
Lots of people spent time yesterday declaring that, despite the fact lots of players have had PED suspensions and have come back to play, A-Rod simply can’t possibly do that. Because he’s A-Rod and that makes things different somehow.
But no one forced that meme more audaciously than ESPN’s Darren Rovell:
Best scenario for Yanks might be for A-Rod to never return. Get Dr to say his injuries are career ending. Yankees pay w/insurance.
— darren rovell (@darrenrovell) January 29, 2013
Yup: The Yankees, A-Rod and an actual doctor should commit insurance fraud. Because A-Rod can’t possibly play again because of … reasons.
At some point people will get a grip. It may not be for a while, but they will eventually have to get a grip.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)