Jan 30, 2013, 6:32 AM EDT
Lots of people spent time yesterday declaring that, despite the fact lots of players have had PED suspensions and have come back to play, A-Rod simply can’t possibly do that. Because he’s A-Rod and that makes things different somehow.
But no one forced that meme more audaciously than ESPN’s Darren Rovell:
Best scenario for Yanks might be for A-Rod to never return. Get Dr to say his injuries are career ending. Yankees pay w/insurance.
— darren rovell (@darrenrovell) January 29, 2013
Yup: The Yankees, A-Rod and an actual doctor should commit insurance fraud. Because A-Rod can’t possibly play again because of … reasons.
At some point people will get a grip. It may not be for a while, but they will eventually have to get a grip.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 75
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 77
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 102
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (106)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- Jonathan Papelbon blows save, gets ejected for making rude gesture at booing crowd (77)