Jan 30, 2013, 6:32 AM EDT
Lots of people spent time yesterday declaring that, despite the fact lots of players have had PED suspensions and have come back to play, A-Rod simply can’t possibly do that. Because he’s A-Rod and that makes things different somehow.
But no one forced that meme more audaciously than ESPN’s Darren Rovell:
Best scenario for Yanks might be for A-Rod to never return. Get Dr to say his injuries are career ending. Yankees pay w/insurance.
— darren rovell (@darrenrovell) January 29, 2013
Yup: The Yankees, A-Rod and an actual doctor should commit insurance fraud. Because A-Rod can’t possibly play again because of … reasons.
At some point people will get a grip. It may not be for a while, but they will eventually have to get a grip.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 45
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 37
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 88
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 17
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)