Jan 31, 2013, 1:50 PM EST
Back in December the Brewers signed right-hander Alfredo Figaro to a minor-league deal, except it turned out he was still under contract with the Orix Buffaloes in Japan.
So they put things on hold and his agent negotiated a release from Orix, which finally happened officially today as the Brewers announced the signing.
Figaro, who pitched briefly in the majors for the Tigers in 2009 and 2010, gets an invitation to spring training as part of the minor-league deal. In two seasons with Orix the 28-year-old right-hander threw 188 innings with a 3.31 ERA and 127/55 K/BB ratio.
- Jose Iglesias, with an extended aside about cheeseburger and burrito stats 3
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 4
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 29
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86