Jan 31, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune passes along a report from the Dominican newspaper ListinDiario.com. that Carlos Marmol has been accused of abuse by lawyers for a 24 year-old woman in the Dominican Republic. A criminal complaint has been filed by the alleged victim, but no criminal charges have been filed.
Marmol’s attorney denies the allegation and has filed a counter complaint, claiming that the woman is attempting to extort and blackmail Marmol. No details regarding either the alleged abuse or the alleged extortion were reported.
So there’s all that. Ugh.
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 20
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 65
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (126)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)