Jan 31, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune passes along a report from the Dominican newspaper ListinDiario.com. that Carlos Marmol has been accused of abuse by lawyers for a 24 year-old woman in the Dominican Republic. A criminal complaint has been filed by the alleged victim, but no criminal charges have been filed.
Marmol’s attorney denies the allegation and has filed a counter complaint, claiming that the woman is attempting to extort and blackmail Marmol. No details regarding either the alleged abuse or the alleged extortion were reported.
So there’s all that. Ugh.
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 23
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 27
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 96
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (96)