Jan 31, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune passes along a report from the Dominican newspaper ListinDiario.com. that Carlos Marmol has been accused of abuse by lawyers for a 24 year-old woman in the Dominican Republic. A criminal complaint has been filed by the alleged victim, but no criminal charges have been filed.
Marmol’s attorney denies the allegation and has filed a counter complaint, claiming that the woman is attempting to extort and blackmail Marmol. No details regarding either the alleged abuse or the alleged extortion were reported.
So there’s all that. Ugh.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)