Jan 31, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune passes along a report from the Dominican newspaper ListinDiario.com. that Carlos Marmol has been accused of abuse by lawyers for a 24 year-old woman in the Dominican Republic. A criminal complaint has been filed by the alleged victim, but no criminal charges have been filed.
Marmol’s attorney denies the allegation and has filed a counter complaint, claiming that the woman is attempting to extort and blackmail Marmol. No details regarding either the alleged abuse or the alleged extortion were reported.
So there’s all that. Ugh.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 18
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 41
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 103
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)