Jan 31, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune passes along a report from the Dominican newspaper ListinDiario.com. that Carlos Marmol has been accused of abuse by lawyers for a 24 year-old woman in the Dominican Republic. A criminal complaint has been filed by the alleged victim, but no criminal charges have been filed.
Marmol’s attorney denies the allegation and has filed a counter complaint, claiming that the woman is attempting to extort and blackmail Marmol. No details regarding either the alleged abuse or the alleged extortion were reported.
So there’s all that. Ugh.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 61
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 56
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 51
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11