Jan 31, 2013, 12:04 PM EST
Some random thoughts from a busy morning:
- I was on MLB Network’s Hot Stove this morning talking about A-Rod. In a lot of ways I was presented as the heel, in the pro wrestling sense. Or, as host Matt Vasgersian put it, I was the Newman to Ken Rosenthal’s Seinfeld. Which is about right, I think. Not gonna lie: it was a lot of fun;
- Big kudos to Rosenthal for being awesome. He and I fight a lot, most recently yesterday when I accused him of joining in with the “the Yankees and A-Rod should commit insurance fraud” camp. They brought Ken in on the show when I was on and we talked about that. But we also talked about the back and forth he and I have sometimes on Twitter and elsewhere. He gave me credit for being right about things sometimes, I owned up to firing before I aim sometimes. I think it sums up the somewhat adversarial relationship I have with a lot of people in the media pretty well. Funny that Ken understands that when I’m critical I’m not being personal and that he and I can get along just fine despite that dynamic. Funny that others can’t make that distinction.
- That said, I was a bit taken aback seeing Rosenthal in a plaid shirt and no tie. Never seen him without a jacket. Not gonna lie: Bob Villa-Rosenthal was kind of unnerving.
- In the segment after that, Peter Gammons spoke about how many in Major League Baseball are trying to steer their players away from living and hanging around in Miami due to the culture down there as epitomized by the Biogenesis Clinic business. Deep question: which is more harmful to baseball: the Miami Biogenesis Clinic, or the Miami Marlins. I’m gonna go with the Marlins.
OK, back to your regularly scheduled blogging.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 119
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 34
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 260
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (120)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 MLB Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld