Jan 31, 2013, 12:04 PM EDT
Some random thoughts from a busy morning:
- I was on MLB Network’s Hot Stove this morning talking about A-Rod. In a lot of ways I was presented as the heel, in the pro wrestling sense. Or, as host Matt Vasgersian put it, I was the Newman to Ken Rosenthal’s Seinfeld. Which is about right, I think. Not gonna lie: it was a lot of fun;
- Big kudos to Rosenthal for being awesome. He and I fight a lot, most recently yesterday when I accused him of joining in with the “the Yankees and A-Rod should commit insurance fraud” camp. They brought Ken in on the show when I was on and we talked about that. But we also talked about the back and forth he and I have sometimes on Twitter and elsewhere. He gave me credit for being right about things sometimes, I owned up to firing before I aim sometimes. I think it sums up the somewhat adversarial relationship I have with a lot of people in the media pretty well. Funny that Ken understands that when I’m critical I’m not being personal and that he and I can get along just fine despite that dynamic. Funny that others can’t make that distinction.
- That said, I was a bit taken aback seeing Rosenthal in a plaid shirt and no tie. Never seen him without a jacket. Not gonna lie: Bob Villa-Rosenthal was kind of unnerving.
- In the segment after that, Peter Gammons spoke about how many in Major League Baseball are trying to steer their players away from living and hanging around in Miami due to the culture down there as epitomized by the Biogenesis Clinic business. Deep question: which is more harmful to baseball: the Miami Biogenesis Clinic, or the Miami Marlins. I’m gonna go with the Marlins.
OK, back to your regularly scheduled blogging.
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 29
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 46
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 22
- Jose Abreu is third-fastest in MLB history to reach 30 career home runs 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (163)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 MLB Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld