Jan 31, 2013, 12:04 PM EST
Some random thoughts from a busy morning:
- I was on MLB Network’s Hot Stove this morning talking about A-Rod. In a lot of ways I was presented as the heel, in the pro wrestling sense. Or, as host Matt Vasgersian put it, I was the Newman to Ken Rosenthal’s Seinfeld. Which is about right, I think. Not gonna lie: it was a lot of fun;
- Big kudos to Rosenthal for being awesome. He and I fight a lot, most recently yesterday when I accused him of joining in with the “the Yankees and A-Rod should commit insurance fraud” camp. They brought Ken in on the show when I was on and we talked about that. But we also talked about the back and forth he and I have sometimes on Twitter and elsewhere. He gave me credit for being right about things sometimes, I owned up to firing before I aim sometimes. I think it sums up the somewhat adversarial relationship I have with a lot of people in the media pretty well. Funny that Ken understands that when I’m critical I’m not being personal and that he and I can get along just fine despite that dynamic. Funny that others can’t make that distinction.
- That said, I was a bit taken aback seeing Rosenthal in a plaid shirt and no tie. Never seen him without a jacket. Not gonna lie: Bob Villa-Rosenthal was kind of unnerving.
- In the segment after that, Peter Gammons spoke about how many in Major League Baseball are trying to steer their players away from living and hanging around in Miami due to the culture down there as epitomized by the Biogenesis Clinic business. Deep question: which is more harmful to baseball: the Miami Biogenesis Clinic, or the Miami Marlins. I’m gonna go with the Marlins.
OK, back to your regularly scheduled blogging.
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 10
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 69
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 47
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 8
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 MLB Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld