Jan 31, 2013, 6:37 PM EDT
Today would have been Jackie Robinson’s 94th birthday. With that in mind, today the Dodgers unveiled a mini-statue of Robinson, Don Newcombe and Roy Campanella that will be handed out to the first 40,000 fans who attend the April 15 game against the Padres. That date will mark the 66th year since Robinson broke baseball’s color barrier.
Yes, the Dodgers pretty much rule at promotional giveaways. I’m still incredibly jealous about that Vin Scully bobblehead from last year.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 14
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)