Jan 31, 2013, 6:37 PM EST
Today would have been Jackie Robinson’s 94th birthday. With that in mind, today the Dodgers unveiled a mini-statue of Robinson, Don Newcombe and Roy Campanella that will be handed out to the first 40,000 fans who attend the April 15 game against the Padres. That date will mark the 66th year since Robinson broke baseball’s color barrier.
Yes, the Dodgers pretty much rule at promotional giveaways. I’m still incredibly jealous about that Vin Scully bobblehead from last year.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)