Jan 31, 2013, 8:53 AM EDT
Jackie Robinson was born this day in 1919. I don’t know if the odds would have otherwise favored him making it to 94, but at 53 he left us way too early.
Today’s Google Doodle honors Robinson:
The 42 should be red, but let’s not pick nits. Instead, go to Google, click the pic and learn something about Jackie Robinson that you didn’t know beforehand.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)