Jan 31, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
Former Diamondbacks announcer and, obviously, ballplayer Mark Grace has pleaded guilty to felony endangerment and misdemeanor driving under the influence of alcohol charges. He’s been sentenced to four months in jail and two years probation.
This being Maricopa County, Arizona, I assume that means he’s going to be in Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s tent city, which houses non-violent offenders. Good luck with that, Mark.
The plea averts a March 19th trial which, in all likelihood, would have found him guilty anyway. Assuming part of the calculus here was to avoid being outside in Phoenix in the summer? Because that would certainly tip the scales for me.
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 28
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 25
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 84
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)