Jan 31, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
Former Diamondbacks announcer and, obviously, ballplayer Mark Grace has pleaded guilty to felony endangerment and misdemeanor driving under the influence of alcohol charges. He’s been sentenced to four months in jail and two years probation.
This being Maricopa County, Arizona, I assume that means he’s going to be in Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s tent city, which houses non-violent offenders. Good luck with that, Mark.
The plea averts a March 19th trial which, in all likelihood, would have found him guilty anyway. Assuming part of the calculus here was to avoid being outside in Phoenix in the summer? Because that would certainly tip the scales for me.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 8
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 36
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)