Jan 31, 2013, 2:30 PM EST
Former Diamondbacks announcer and, obviously, ballplayer Mark Grace has pleaded guilty to felony endangerment and misdemeanor driving under the influence of alcohol charges. He’s been sentenced to four months in jail and two years probation.
This being Maricopa County, Arizona, I assume that means he’s going to be in Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s tent city, which houses non-violent offenders. Good luck with that, Mark.
The plea averts a March 19th trial which, in all likelihood, would have found him guilty anyway. Assuming part of the calculus here was to avoid being outside in Phoenix in the summer? Because that would certainly tip the scales for me.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 201
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (206)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)