Jan 31, 2013, 2:30 PM EST
Former Diamondbacks announcer and, obviously, ballplayer Mark Grace has pleaded guilty to felony endangerment and misdemeanor driving under the influence of alcohol charges. He’s been sentenced to four months in jail and two years probation.
This being Maricopa County, Arizona, I assume that means he’s going to be in Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s tent city, which houses non-violent offenders. Good luck with that, Mark.
The plea averts a March 19th trial which, in all likelihood, would have found him guilty anyway. Assuming part of the calculus here was to avoid being outside in Phoenix in the summer? Because that would certainly tip the scales for me.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 21
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 71
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 120
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (120)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (102)