Jan 31, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
Former Diamondbacks announcer and, obviously, ballplayer Mark Grace has pleaded guilty to felony endangerment and misdemeanor driving under the influence of alcohol charges. He’s been sentenced to four months in jail and two years probation.
This being Maricopa County, Arizona, I assume that means he’s going to be in Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s tent city, which houses non-violent offenders. Good luck with that, Mark.
The plea averts a March 19th trial which, in all likelihood, would have found him guilty anyway. Assuming part of the calculus here was to avoid being outside in Phoenix in the summer? Because that would certainly tip the scales for me.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)