Jan 31, 2013, 1:18 PM EDT
Heisey gets $1.325 million, which is right around the midpoint of his $1.65 million request and the team’s $1.05 million counter. He hit .265 with .715 OPS in 375 plate appearances last season and figures to have another part-time role this year.
Simon threw 61 innings with a 2.66 ERA and 52/22 K/BB ratio for the Reds after they claimed him off waivers from the Orioles in early April. He’ll make less than $1 million in 2013.
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 1
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 0
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 5
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 54
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)