Jan 31, 2013, 1:18 PM EDT
Heisey gets $1.325 million, which is right around the midpoint of his $1.65 million request and the team’s $1.05 million counter. He hit .265 with .715 OPS in 375 plate appearances last season and figures to have another part-time role this year.
Simon threw 61 innings with a 2.66 ERA and 52/22 K/BB ratio for the Reds after they claimed him off waivers from the Orioles in early April. He’ll make less than $1 million in 2013.
- Miguel Cabrera ties Hank Greenberg with 331st career homer 4
- Bud Selig’s view on replay has “evolved” 13
- Umpires use replay on controversial Matt Joyce home run 9
- Rangers put Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list and call up top prospect Jurickson Profar 5
- Carlos Ruiz leaves game with strained right hamstring 2
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles