Jan 31, 2013, 1:18 PM EDT
Heisey gets $1.325 million, which is right around the midpoint of his $1.65 million request and the team’s $1.05 million counter. He hit .265 with .715 OPS in 375 plate appearances last season and figures to have another part-time role this year.
Simon threw 61 innings with a 2.66 ERA and 52/22 K/BB ratio for the Reds after they claimed him off waivers from the Orioles in early April. He’ll make less than $1 million in 2013.
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 14
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 4
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 4
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 29
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)