Jan 31, 2013, 1:18 PM EST
Heisey gets $1.325 million, which is right around the midpoint of his $1.65 million request and the team’s $1.05 million counter. He hit .265 with .715 OPS in 375 plate appearances last season and figures to have another part-time role this year.
Simon threw 61 innings with a 2.66 ERA and 52/22 K/BB ratio for the Reds after they claimed him off waivers from the Orioles in early April. He’ll make less than $1 million in 2013.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 23
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)