Jan 31, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Right-hander Shawn Kelley has avoided arbitration with the Mariners by agreeing to a one-year, $935,000 deal.
Kelley requested $1.2 million and the team countered at $750,000, so the reliever settled for $40,000 below the midpoint while also getting $165,000 in potential incentives as part of the deal.
This was Kelley’s second season of arbitration eligibility after he was paid $600,000 last year for 44 innings of a 3.25 ERA and 45/15 K/BB ratio.
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 1
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 34
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 176
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (180)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)