Jan 31, 2013, 10:47 AM EST
Right-hander Shawn Kelley has avoided arbitration with the Mariners by agreeing to a one-year, $935,000 deal.
Kelley requested $1.2 million and the team countered at $750,000, so the reliever settled for $40,000 below the midpoint while also getting $165,000 in potential incentives as part of the deal.
This was Kelley’s second season of arbitration eligibility after he was paid $600,000 last year for 44 innings of a 3.25 ERA and 45/15 K/BB ratio.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 22
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 26
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 374
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)