Jan 31, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Right-hander Shawn Kelley has avoided arbitration with the Mariners by agreeing to a one-year, $935,000 deal.
Kelley requested $1.2 million and the team countered at $750,000, so the reliever settled for $40,000 below the midpoint while also getting $165,000 in potential incentives as part of the deal.
This was Kelley’s second season of arbitration eligibility after he was paid $600,000 last year for 44 innings of a 3.25 ERA and 45/15 K/BB ratio.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 67
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 51
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11