Jan 31, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Right-hander Shawn Kelley has avoided arbitration with the Mariners by agreeing to a one-year, $935,000 deal.
Kelley requested $1.2 million and the team countered at $750,000, so the reliever settled for $40,000 below the midpoint while also getting $165,000 in potential incentives as part of the deal.
This was Kelley’s second season of arbitration eligibility after he was paid $600,000 last year for 44 innings of a 3.25 ERA and 45/15 K/BB ratio.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (85)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (79)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (74)