Jan 31, 2013, 8:24 AM EST
LaTroy Hawkins’ agent tweeted that Hawkins has signed a minor league deal with the Mets.
Hawkins has underwear older than a lot of his teammates. If he makes the big club in 2013 it will be for his 10th team in 19 seasons. Last year for the Angels he went 2-3 with a 3.64 ERA in 48 appearances. He’s not what he was seven or eight years ago but, then again, none of us are and he still gets the job done.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (86)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)