Jan 31, 2013, 8:24 AM EST
LaTroy Hawkins’ agent tweeted that Hawkins has signed a minor league deal with the Mets.
Hawkins has underwear older than a lot of his teammates. If he makes the big club in 2013 it will be for his 10th team in 19 seasons. Last year for the Angels he went 2-3 with a 3.64 ERA in 48 appearances. He’s not what he was seven or eight years ago but, then again, none of us are and he still gets the job done.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)