Jan 31, 2013, 8:24 AM EDT
LaTroy Hawkins’ agent tweeted that Hawkins has signed a minor league deal with the Mets.
Hawkins has underwear older than a lot of his teammates. If he makes the big club in 2013 it will be for his 10th team in 19 seasons. Last year for the Angels he went 2-3 with a 3.64 ERA in 48 appearances. He’s not what he was seven or eight years ago but, then again, none of us are and he still gets the job done.
- Mariners acquire Mark Trumbo from the Diamondbacks 7
- Video: Masahiro Tanaka shines in return from disabled list 5
- Marlon Byrd hits disabled list with fractured wrist 0
- Red Sox acquire Alejandro De Aza from Orioles 28
- Video: Lloyd McClendon got ejected, threw another tantrum 33
- Albert Pujols ties Jimmie Foxx on the all-time home run list 32
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 104
- Matt Holliday’s historical on-base streak ends with ejection 86
- Stan Hack didn’t hack and other inappropriate baseball names (186)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (150)
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (133)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (106)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (104)