Jan 31, 2013, 8:24 AM EDT
LaTroy Hawkins’ agent tweeted that Hawkins has signed a minor league deal with the Mets.
Hawkins has underwear older than a lot of his teammates. If he makes the big club in 2013 it will be for his 10th team in 19 seasons. Last year for the Angels he went 2-3 with a 3.64 ERA in 48 appearances. He’s not what he was seven or eight years ago but, then again, none of us are and he still gets the job done.
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 7
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 81
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 75
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 59
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (81)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)