Feb 1, 2013, 1:15 PM EDT
Minnesota has been linked to Saunders a lot recently and Twins president Dave St. Peter told me himself that they have plenty of payroll room available for a late signing, but Darren Wolfson of 1500ESPN.com has an update on the Twins’ pursuit:
The Twins continue to await word from pitcher Joe Saunders’ agent, Greg Genske. The belief internally continues to be that Saunders prefers to be somewhere else. But it’s possible he’ll soon run out of options. The Twins want Saunders on a one-year deal, but could be willing to go to two years.
That jibes with what Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun speculated earlier this week, which is that if Saunders can only get a one-year deal he’ll probably just decide to re-sign with the Orioles.
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 1
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 94
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 230
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (230)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)