Feb 1, 2013, 2:48 PM EST
Rzepczynski requested $1.3 million in his first year of arbitration eligibility and the team countered at $900,000 after the left-hander threw 47 innings with a 4.24 ERA and 33/17 K/BB ratio.
It’ll be interesting to see what type of role Rzepczynski has this season, because he was much less effective last year than in 2011 and the Cardinals signed Randy Choate to be their left-handed specialist.
- Report: Mariners break off talks with Robinson Cano after Jay Z “overplayed his hand” 45
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 86
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (99)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (86)