Feb 1, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
A couple of years ago I did a post about baseball in Ireland and a documentary about it all called “The Emerald Diamond.” Yup, they play ball there.
The director of that documentary, John Fitzgerald, is helping to raise money for a baseball club in County Meath that wants to build a quality baseball field to serve as the center and home base of baseball in Ireland. Check out the details — and make a donation if you’d like — here. Various donation levels will get you gifts like a copy of the documentary, a t-shirt or an Irish National Team cap. No, the one to the right here is not it.
And here’s a video overview:
Fitzgerald is trying to hit his goal by St. Patrick’s day. Chip in if you can.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (135)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)