Feb 1, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
A couple of years ago I did a post about baseball in Ireland and a documentary about it all called “The Emerald Diamond.” Yup, they play ball there.
The director of that documentary, John Fitzgerald, is helping to raise money for a baseball club in County Meath that wants to build a quality baseball field to serve as the center and home base of baseball in Ireland. Check out the details — and make a donation if you’d like — here. Various donation levels will get you gifts like a copy of the documentary, a t-shirt or an Irish National Team cap. No, the one to the right here is not it.
And here’s a video overview:
Fitzgerald is trying to hit his goal by St. Patrick’s day. Chip in if you can.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 48
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)