Feb 1, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
A couple of years ago I did a post about baseball in Ireland and a documentary about it all called “The Emerald Diamond.” Yup, they play ball there.
The director of that documentary, John Fitzgerald, is helping to raise money for a baseball club in County Meath that wants to build a quality baseball field to serve as the center and home base of baseball in Ireland. Check out the details — and make a donation if you’d like — here. Various donation levels will get you gifts like a copy of the documentary, a t-shirt or an Irish National Team cap. No, the one to the right here is not it.
And here’s a video overview:
Fitzgerald is trying to hit his goal by St. Patrick’s day. Chip in if you can.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 22
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 2
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 39
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 78
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)