Feb 1, 2013, 5:05 PM EST
I sure hope Russ Canzler doesn’t buy a new shirt and equipment bag each time he lands on a new team. If he did he’d go broke.
The Yankees just designated Canzler for assignment. This came after the Indians designated him for assignment. Which came after the Blue Jays designated him for assignment. Which came after the Indians designated him for assignment. All of that happened since the 2012 season ended. Before that he was with the Rays.
Canzler is no great shakes — he hit just .269/.299/.498 in 97 plate appearances last year in the majors — but he was the International League MVP in 2011 after posting a .938 OPS, 18 homers and 83 RBI in 131 games for the Durham Bulls. You’d think that would at least buy him a stable spot on someone’s roster for 2013. But I guess he must still keep circling the chairs, waiting for the music to stop.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)