Feb 1, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
Parra was often a mess as a starter and didn’t exactly thrive shifting to the bullpen last season with a 5.06 ERA and terrible control, but he did manage 61 strikeouts in 59 innings and has some upside as a left-handed middle man.
Overall he has a 5.61 ERA since 2009, so at age 30 this is a big season for Parra’s career as he tries to prolong his stay in the majors as a reliever.
UPDATE: Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com says the deal is worth $1 million, plus another $400,000 in incentives. Not bad considering he made $1.3 million last year.
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 36
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 74
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (100)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)