Feb 1, 2013, 5:17 PM EST
Parra was often a mess as a starter and didn’t exactly thrive shifting to the bullpen last season with a 5.06 ERA and terrible control, but he did manage 61 strikeouts in 59 innings and has some upside as a left-handed middle man.
Overall he has a 5.61 ERA since 2009, so at age 30 this is a big season for Parra’s career as he tries to prolong his stay in the majors as a reliever.
UPDATE: Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com says the deal is worth $1 million, plus another $400,000 in incentives. Not bad considering he made $1.3 million last year.
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 29
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 62
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 42
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)