Feb 1, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
Parra was often a mess as a starter and didn’t exactly thrive shifting to the bullpen last season with a 5.06 ERA and terrible control, but he did manage 61 strikeouts in 59 innings and has some upside as a left-handed middle man.
Overall he has a 5.61 ERA since 2009, so at age 30 this is a big season for Parra’s career as he tries to prolong his stay in the majors as a reliever.
UPDATE: Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com says the deal is worth $1 million, plus another $400,000 in incentives. Not bad considering he made $1.3 million last year.
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 4
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 59
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 110
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 76
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (110)