Feb 1, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
Parra was often a mess as a starter and didn’t exactly thrive shifting to the bullpen last season with a 5.06 ERA and terrible control, but he did manage 61 strikeouts in 59 innings and has some upside as a left-handed middle man.
Overall he has a 5.61 ERA since 2009, so at age 30 this is a big season for Parra’s career as he tries to prolong his stay in the majors as a reliever.
UPDATE: Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com says the deal is worth $1 million, plus another $400,000 in incentives. Not bad considering he made $1.3 million last year.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 9
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 87
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 63
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 66
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (97)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)