Feb 1, 2013, 5:17 PM EST
Parra was often a mess as a starter and didn’t exactly thrive shifting to the bullpen last season with a 5.06 ERA and terrible control, but he did manage 61 strikeouts in 59 innings and has some upside as a left-handed middle man.
Overall he has a 5.61 ERA since 2009, so at age 30 this is a big season for Parra’s career as he tries to prolong his stay in the majors as a reliever.
UPDATE: Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com says the deal is worth $1 million, plus another $400,000 in incentives. Not bad considering he made $1.3 million last year.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 290
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (308)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)