Feb 1, 2013, 10:00 AM EST
It’s a great morning for absurd comps. A little after reading Mike Lupica compare the MLBPA to “gun nuts” Hall of Famer Goose Gossage compares PED users to double murderers:
“We’ve got a bunch of cheaters that are up for the Hall of Fame … I wish these guys who are lying would come clean. Roger Clemens was found innocent but so was O.J. and he killed two people. Stop lying and quit dragging baseball through the mud.”
Probably worth noting that, unlike Clemens, O.J. Simpson is in the Hall of Fame.
Anyway, glad we’re all keeping perspective here.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)