Feb 1, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
It’s a great morning for absurd comps. A little after reading Mike Lupica compare the MLBPA to “gun nuts” Hall of Famer Goose Gossage compares PED users to double murderers:
“We’ve got a bunch of cheaters that are up for the Hall of Fame … I wish these guys who are lying would come clean. Roger Clemens was found innocent but so was O.J. and he killed two people. Stop lying and quit dragging baseball through the mud.”
Probably worth noting that, unlike Clemens, O.J. Simpson is in the Hall of Fame.
Anyway, glad we’re all keeping perspective here.
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 0
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 94
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 229
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (229)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)