Feb 1, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
It’s a great morning for absurd comps. A little after reading Mike Lupica compare the MLBPA to “gun nuts” Hall of Famer Goose Gossage compares PED users to double murderers:
“We’ve got a bunch of cheaters that are up for the Hall of Fame … I wish these guys who are lying would come clean. Roger Clemens was found innocent but so was O.J. and he killed two people. Stop lying and quit dragging baseball through the mud.”
Probably worth noting that, unlike Clemens, O.J. Simpson is in the Hall of Fame.
Anyway, glad we’re all keeping perspective here.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)