Feb 2, 2013, 10:03 PM EST
Some minor World Baseball Classic news.
According to John Lott of Toronto’s National Post, Blue Jays righty Esmil Rogers has removed himself from consideration for the Dominican Republic’s World Baseball Classic team after originally being listed on the country’s provisional roster.
Rogers, who was sent to Toronto in a November trade with the Indians, will stay in Jays camp all spring so that he can get to know teammates.
The 27-year-old registered a superb 3.06 ERA, 1.11 WHIP and 54/12 K/BB ratio across 53 innings last season for Cleveland. He will operate in a middle relief role this summer for the Blue Jays.
- Video: Watch Matt Harvey’s return to action against the Tigers 3
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 23
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)