Feb 2, 2013, 10:03 PM EDT
Some minor World Baseball Classic news.
According to John Lott of Toronto’s National Post, Blue Jays righty Esmil Rogers has removed himself from consideration for the Dominican Republic’s World Baseball Classic team after originally being listed on the country’s provisional roster.
Rogers, who was sent to Toronto in a November trade with the Indians, will stay in Jays camp all spring so that he can get to know teammates.
The 27-year-old registered a superb 3.06 ERA, 1.11 WHIP and 54/12 K/BB ratio across 53 innings last season for Cleveland. He will operate in a middle relief role this summer for the Blue Jays.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)