Feb 2, 2013, 10:03 PM EST
Some minor World Baseball Classic news.
According to John Lott of Toronto’s National Post, Blue Jays righty Esmil Rogers has removed himself from consideration for the Dominican Republic’s World Baseball Classic team after originally being listed on the country’s provisional roster.
Rogers, who was sent to Toronto in a November trade with the Indians, will stay in Jays camp all spring so that he can get to know teammates.
The 27-year-old registered a superb 3.06 ERA, 1.11 WHIP and 54/12 K/BB ratio across 53 innings last season for Cleveland. He will operate in a middle relief role this summer for the Blue Jays.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)