Feb 2, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Jurrjens agreed to a one-year, $1.5 million contract with the Orioles last week and could earn an additional $2.5 million with incentives. However, the deal has yet to be finalized because he needs to complete a physical.
As for Hendrickson, he’s getting a minor league deal with a spring training invite. The 38-year-old left-hander didn’t pitch professionally last season, but he’s hoping to make a comeback with a new sidearm delivery.
Despite the addition of Jurrjens, Kubatko hears that the Orioles still haven’t ruled out bringing back free agent left-hander Joe Saunders. It’s worth noting that Jurrjens has options remaining, so the Orioles could have him begin the season with Triple-A Norfolk.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 43
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 98
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (98)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)