Feb 2, 2013, 3:45 PM EST
Jurrjens agreed to a one-year, $1.5 million contract with the Orioles last week and could earn an additional $2.5 million with incentives. However, the deal has yet to be finalized because he needs to complete a physical.
As for Hendrickson, he’s getting a minor league deal with a spring training invite. The 38-year-old left-hander didn’t pitch professionally last season, but he’s hoping to make a comeback with a new sidearm delivery.
Despite the addition of Jurrjens, Kubatko hears that the Orioles still haven’t ruled out bringing back free agent left-hander Joe Saunders. It’s worth noting that Jurrjens has options remaining, so the Orioles could have him begin the season with Triple-A Norfolk.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)