Feb 2, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Jurrjens agreed to a one-year, $1.5 million contract with the Orioles last week and could earn an additional $2.5 million with incentives. However, the deal has yet to be finalized because he needs to complete a physical.
As for Hendrickson, he’s getting a minor league deal with a spring training invite. The 38-year-old left-hander didn’t pitch professionally last season, but he’s hoping to make a comeback with a new sidearm delivery.
Despite the addition of Jurrjens, Kubatko hears that the Orioles still haven’t ruled out bringing back free agent left-hander Joe Saunders. It’s worth noting that Jurrjens has options remaining, so the Orioles could have him begin the season with Triple-A Norfolk.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)