Feb 2, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Jurrjens agreed to a one-year, $1.5 million contract with the Orioles last week and could earn an additional $2.5 million with incentives. However, the deal has yet to be finalized because he needs to complete a physical.
As for Hendrickson, he’s getting a minor league deal with a spring training invite. The 38-year-old left-hander didn’t pitch professionally last season, but he’s hoping to make a comeback with a new sidearm delivery.
Despite the addition of Jurrjens, Kubatko hears that the Orioles still haven’t ruled out bringing back free agent left-hander Joe Saunders. It’s worth noting that Jurrjens has options remaining, so the Orioles could have him begin the season with Triple-A Norfolk.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (147)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)