Feb 3, 2013, 2:51 PM EDT
A promising injury update here for the Rays.
According to beat writer Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times, third baseman Evan Longoria is fully recovered from a November cleanup surgery on his troublesome left hamstring and expects to be an active participant throughout spring camp.
“The leg is ready,” he told reporters confidently.
Longoria, 27, was limited to 74 games in 2012 due to lingering hamstring issues but still hit .289/.369/.527 with 17 homers and 55 RBI. He was given a six-year, $100 million contract extension only a few days after going under the knife.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)