Feb 3, 2013, 11:57 AM EDT
According to beat writer Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times, there was “some chatter last week” around the Rays organization that a trade could be in the works involving utility infielder Reid Brignac.
Brignac is a steady defender and is capable of playing all around the diamond, but he batted just .095 with a .136 on-base percentage in 22 plate appearances last season for the Rays and owns a weak .227/.268/.317 career slash line in the majors.
Brignac is only 27 years old but probably wouldn’t fetch much of a return package.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (162)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)