Feb 4, 2013, 12:31 PM EDT
It’s that time again: the week when Keith Law releases his prospect rankings. His content this week — along with Jonathan Mayo of MLB.com’s rankings and a couple of other lists — truly helps form the basis of most fans’ understanding of prospects and the minors in general. Because let’s face it, we just don’t get to see those folks as much as they do.
Law kicks off his content this week with a top-to-bottom ranking of all 30 farm systems. As a rule he limits his analysis to players who are currently in minors and who have not yet exhausted their rookie of the year eligibility.
The top system: the St. Louis Cardinals. The bottom: The Los Angeles Angels. The reasons and the rankings of everyone in between: you’ll have to get an ESPN Insider subscription to find out.
Which, yes, I know, no one likes to pay for content. I don’t either. But I have found that Law’s annual prospects stuff — which I go back and reference dozens of times throughout the year — along with Buster Olney’s daily column/links post is worth the subscription if you’re a true baseball freak. So, if you have the means, definitely consider it.
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 0
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 9
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 9
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 77
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)