Feb 4, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Ken Rosenthal’s Twitter avatar used to be a picture of him with the Phillie Phanatic. He made that his avatar over a year ago after a bunch of Philly fans gave him crap for being (mildly at best) critical of the Phillies and their fans.
Over the weekend some Nationals fan asked Rosenthal to consider changing his avatar to something Nats-related. Which he did. It’s a pic of Rosenthal photoshopped into a racing presidents picture. As demonstrated over at the Let Teddy Win blog, this set off Phillies fans. And it set them off in predictable fashion.
People ask me why I needle Phillies and, increasingly, Nats fans so often. The fact that both camps have people who care what a baseball writer’s Twitter avatar is a big reason why.
And yes, I realize that approximately 60% of the comments to this post will be “well, at least we care about our team! You Braves fans wharglebarglebarglebllaaaahrrrghh!!!”
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 1
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 3
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 5
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 47
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)