Feb 4, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Ken Rosenthal’s Twitter avatar used to be a picture of him with the Phillie Phanatic. He made that his avatar over a year ago after a bunch of Philly fans gave him crap for being (mildly at best) critical of the Phillies and their fans.
Over the weekend some Nationals fan asked Rosenthal to consider changing his avatar to something Nats-related. Which he did. It’s a pic of Rosenthal photoshopped into a racing presidents picture. As demonstrated over at the Let Teddy Win blog, this set off Phillies fans. And it set them off in predictable fashion.
People ask me why I needle Phillies and, increasingly, Nats fans so often. The fact that both camps have people who care what a baseball writer’s Twitter avatar is a big reason why.
And yes, I realize that approximately 60% of the comments to this post will be “well, at least we care about our team! You Braves fans wharglebarglebarglebllaaaahrrrghh!!!”
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 8
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 12
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 10
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)